Friday, April 4, 2014

The Cryo Clinic!

CRYOTHERAPY

Now for those of you who don't know what this is, it's so much better, more effective and takes less time than sitting in an ice bath. 

Cryotherapy is the local or general use of low temperatures in medical therapy. Cryotherapy is used to treat a variety of benign and malignant lesions.[1] The term "cryotherapy" comes from the Greek cryo (κρύο) meaning cold, and therapy (θεραπεία) meaning cure. Cryotherapy has been used as early as the seventeenth century.

Its goal is to decrease cellular metabolism, increase cellular survival, decrease inflammation, decrease pain and spasm, promote vasoconstriction, and when using extreme temperatures, to destroy cells by crystallizing the cytosol.

My experience:  So the lady was very nice and explained everything to me prior to doing it.  She stayed in the room for the 3min I was in the chamber which made the time go by fast.  I was totally naked, just had on gloves and footies.  I got up to -129ish and the areas where I was really sore, thighs, calves and buttocks was the areas that got really cold.  Seems like it targets the areas that needed the healing which is great.  Again, I was in there for 3 minutes, head was sticking out like in the picture.  I am not going to lie, it was cold, but so worth it.  When I got out I was cold.  I out my clothes on and headed home drinking water as requested.  I felt the full affect and like she told me, I may get tired and I did, but slept like a baby.  I woke up the next morning feeling pretty good.  Repeated 3 more times the week following Costown because I had another full coming up.  So be looking out for that recap.

Overall, I would recommend anyone to try this especially if you do ice baths because thia shortens the time of being cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment